Full-time, permanent position
Dixon Mitchell Investment Counsel Inc. is an independent asset management firm providing investment solutions for individual and institutional clients. Dixon Mitchell was established in 2000 and now manages nearly $4bn on behalf of Canadian families, pensions, foundations and Indigenous communities and organizations. Our culture is built around business integrity, client service, and the alignment of corporate and investor interests. Dixon Mitchell is based in Vancouver and has a satellite office in Calgary.
Our client service team resides within the front office of Dixon Mitchell Investment Counsel Inc. and is comprised of client-facing portfolio managers, associate portfolio managers and client service associates. We are looking for experienced Investment Counsellors to join our growing firm. In this role you will be responsible for relationship management and business development.
We place a high value on our team spirit, camaraderie and creating a culture where each of us has an opportunity to succeed. We are a solution-oriented and collaborative team seeking like-minded individuals who thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Your core values are honesty, integrity, and transparency. These traits contribute to your excellent work ethic. You can combine your enthusiasm, passion, curiosity, education, and experiences to see the big picture, focus on the details, solve complex problems, and communicate your ideas effectively to a broad range of people. You have strong interpersonal skills, and you are highly client-focused.
- Develop and strengthen client relationships and build and nurture new relationships via client referrals, CIOs and networking opportunities
- Deliver impeccable client service and maintain your clients’ confidence by staying up to date with current market trends and your clients circumstances
- Promote DM’s portfolio management services by understanding our process, portfolios and pools
- Develop direct new business by meeting with prospective clients to present DM’s discretionary offering, ensure the client’s goals and risk tolerances are consistent with DM’s process, gather personal information, determine asset allocation, and develop an IPS to meet the client’s objectives and goals
- Analyze securities for transfer in-kind, taking into consideration capital gains/losses, classification, suitability, and eventual disposition or tranche-in strategies
- Conduct regular meetings with clients to review their portfolios, provide market updates, review performance, update client information, review risk tolerance, and adjust asset allocation based on the client’s financial objectives, tax situation and cash flow requirements
- Maintain regular and direct communication with existing clients and provide ongoing investment advice, working with clients’ financial, legal, accounting and insurance teams as necessary
- Assist in branding and strategic initiatives by participating in networking activities to foster relationships and promote and represent DM in the community
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- CFA designation
- Highly proficient in Office365
- Extensive experience developing new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Current registration or ability to become immediately licensed as an Advising Representative under the ICPM registration guidelines
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Dixon Mitchell offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dixon Mitchell Investment Counsel values the diversity of the people it hires and serves and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity at Our Company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Interested in joining our Client Services team? Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume in confidence by emailing careersdixonmitchell.com.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only selected individuals will be contacted for follow-up.